Thursday, September 10, 2009

This is how I'll remember Ted Kennedy...

If for no other reason than it is a statement from a dying man to the one person who can carry his hope forward, this snippit is from the letter  Ted Kennedy wrote to President Obama and had delivered after his death:

And so because of your vision and resolve, I came to believe that soon, very soon, affordable health coverage will be available to all, in an America where the state of a family’s health will never again depend on the amount of a family’s wealth. And while I will not see the victory, I was able to look forward and know that we will – yes, we will – fulfill the promise of health care in America as a right and not a privilege.

It would be a tragedy to let Kennedy’s hopes get dashed on the rocks of Joe Wilson or Charles Grassley or Eric (I’m too busy sending Twitter Tweets to listen to your speech) Cantor.

[Via http://underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment